Valdes sentence example
- In 1539, as representative to the chapter-general of his order he visited Rome; here he was made doctor of theology, and while he mixed with the liberal circle associated with Juan de Valdes, he had also the confidence of Paul III.
- He made the acquaintance of the Spanish reformer Juan de Valdes at Rome, and got to know him as a theologian at Naples, being especially drawn to him through the appreciation expressed by Bernardino Ochino, and through their mutual friendship with the Lady Julia Gonzaga, whose spiritual adviser he became after the death of Valdes.
- He became a leading spirit in the literary and religious circle that gathered round Valdes in Naples, and that aimed at effecting from within the spiritual reformation of the church.
- Under Valdes' influence he whole-heartedly accepted Luther's doctrine of justification by faith, though he repudiated a policy of schism.
- Containing extracts from the Hundred and Ten Divine Considerations of Juan Valdes (q.v.), it was soon regarded with the utmost horror by many.Advertisement
- Valdes Vergara, Historia de Chile (Valparaiso, 1898), written primarily for schools,but containing useful sketches of leading figures in Chilean history.
- In Spanish literature, the Dialogues of Valdes (1528) and those on Painting (1633) by Vincenzo Carducci, are celebrated.
- High Score - Get the Valdes Scripture by examining a Giant Shelf in Chapter 4-9.