Vaisseaux sentence example
- Lauth, " Memoire sur les vaisseaux lymphatiques des oiseaux," Ann.
- In Paris argot the men of these six central brigades are nicknamed "vaisseaux" (vessels), because they carry on their collars the badge of the city of Paris - an ancient ship - while the sergeants in the town districts wear only numbers, their own individual number, and that of the quarter in which they serve.
- These vaisseaux claim to be the elite of the force; they come in daily contact with the Gardes de Paris, horse and foot, a fine corps of city gendarmerie, and, as competing with them, take a particular pride in themselves.
- Their comrades in the quarters resent this pretension and declare that when in contact with the people the vaisseaux make bad blood by their arrogance and want of tact.
- Nouveau traite de navigation, contenant la theorie et la pratique du pilotage (1753); Solution des principaux problemes sur la manoeuvre des vaisseaux (1757); Operations faites pour la verification du degre du meridien entre Paris et Amiens, par Mess.Advertisement