Vadstena sentence example
- It was about this time that she founded the order of St Saviour, or Bridgittines, of which the principal house, at Vadstena, was richly endowed by King Magnus II.
- In one of the earliest runic records which we possess, the pendant found at Vadstena in Sweden in 1774, and dating from about A.D.
- The monastic church at Vadstena on Lake Vetter is a beautiful example of Gothic of the 14th and 15th centuries.
- A brilliant and pathetic relic of the close of the medieval period exists in the Love Letters addressed in 1498 by Ingrid Persdotter, a nun of Vadstena, to the young knight Axel Nilsson.
- A greater dramatist was Johannes Messenius (1579-1636), who was the son of a miller near Vadstena and had been carefully educated abroad by the Jesuits.Advertisement