Vacarescu sentence example
- Among the translations made by "Carmen Sylva" are German versions of Pierre Loti's romance Pecheur d'Islande, and of Paul de St Victor's dramatic criticisms Les DeuxMasques (Paris,1881-1884); and in particular The Bard of the Dimbovitza, a fine English version by "Carmen Sylva" and Alma Strettell of Helene Vacarescu's collection of Rumanian folk-songs, &c., entitled Lieder aus dem Dimbovitzathal (Bonn, 1889).
- Vacarescu described the history of the Ottoman empire from the beginning to 1791, interpolating doggerel verses.
- In the three generations of the Vacarescu one can follow this process of rapid ' evolution.
- Ianache Vacarescu, author of the first native Rumanian grammar on independent lines, was also the first who tried his hand at poetry, following Greek examples.
- Vacarescu were published in 1848; but among them were some of the poems of Ianache and Alecu, which were confused with his own work.Advertisement
- Vacarescu, there are -odes, hymns, patriotic poems, ballads, lyrical and didactic poems, some of them among the most beautiful in the language.