V-2 sentence example
- Hence the work done in raising the mass will be represented by mg v 2 /2g, that is, Zmv 2 ergs.
- Since then they are all charged with the same quantity of electricity, and the total over all potential difference V is the sum of each of the individual potential differences V1, V2, V3, &c., we have Q=C I V I =C 2 V 2 =C 3 V 3 =&c., and V=V1-FV2+V3+&c. The resultant capacity is C = Q/V, and C= I/(I/C1 +I /C2+1/C3+&c) = I/Z(I /C) (15).
- Equating the muzzle-energy and the work in foot-tons (2) E= w V 2 _XM.E.P.
- We may write T'12 = rQio f ° B(z) dz = bra i v 2 f 04 z 4 (z)dz;..
- The trioxide, V 2 0 3, is formed when the pentoxide is reduced at a red heat in a current of hydrogen, or by the action of oxalic acid on ammonium metavanadate.Advertisement
- Many text-books on engineering give the relation P= 005 v 2 when P is the pressure in lb per sq.
- If the liquid is stirred up by the rotation R of a cylindrical body, d4lds = normal velocity reversed dy = - Rx- Ry ds (5) ds 4' + 2 R (x2 + y2) = Y, (6) a constant over the boundary; and 4,' is the current-function of the relative motion past the cylinder, but now V 2 4,'+2R =o, (7) throughout the liquid.
- Example 3.-Analysing in this way the rotation of a rectangle filled with liquid into the two components of shear, the stream function 1//1 is to be made to satisfy the conditions v 2 /1 =0, 111+IRx 2 = IRa 2, or /11 =o when x= = a, +b1+IRx 2 = I Ra2, y ' 1 = IR(a 2 -x 2), when y = b Expanded in a Fourier series, 2 232 2 cos(2n+ I)Z?rx/a a -x 7r3 a Lim (2n+I) 3 ' (1) so that '?"
- Then when the inner cylinder is at potential V 1 and the outer one kept at of two potential V 2 the lines of electric force between the cylinders Q (4).
- Now these integrations are quite intractable, even for a very simple mathematical assumption of the function f(v), say the quadratic or cubic law, f(v) = v 2 /k or v3/k.Advertisement
- Since the distribution of electricity may be considered to be constant over the surface S of the attracted disk, the mechanical force f on it is given by the expression,' f S(V - v)2 8 ird2 where d is the distance between the two plates.
- The dioxide, V 2 0 2, is formed in the reduction of vanadyl trichloride by hydrogen (Roscoe).
- Many salts of oxy-acids of vanadium are known, but of the more common oxy-acids, metavanadic acid, HV03, and pyrovanadic acid, H 4 V 2 0 7, alone appear to have been isolated.
- It is a fundamental result in dynamics that, if a body be projected vertically upwards in vacuo, with a velocity of v centimetres per second, it will rise to a height of v 2 /2g centimetres, where g represents the numerical value of the acceleration produced by gravity in centimetre-second units.
- We may write T'12 = rQio f Ã‚° B(z) dz = bra i v 2 f 04 z 4 (z)dz;..Advertisement