Uriburu sentence example
- Uriburu was neither a politician nor a statesman, but had spent the greater portion of his life abroad in the diplomatic service.
- Uriburu found in 1897 the financial position so far improved that he was able to resume cash payments on the entire foreign debt.
- During the last months of President Uriburu's administration, matters had reached a climax, especially in connexion with the delimitation in a district known as the Puna de Atacama.
- In the following month (May), the presidential elections were held; Dr Saenz Pena was declared duly elected, and Dr Jose Uriburu, the minister in Chile, was chosen as vice-president.
- It was accepted at once by the chambers, and the vice-president, Dr Jose Uriburu, became president of the republic for the three years and nine months of Pena's term which remained unexpired.Advertisement
- Nevertheless despite these obstacles, President Uriburu did something during his term of office to relieve the nation's financial difficulties.