Urga sentence example
- at Urga in northern Mongolia.
- at Urga in Mongolia, turning north in the Amur region and reaching the Pacific at Nikolayevsk.
- In the same way the Kentei (or Gentei) Mountains, as they are called, to the north of Urga, and the Yablonoi Mountains of Transbaikalia, separate the higher terrace of north-west Mongolia (drained by the tributaries of the Selenga) from the lower terrace of the Gobi, which is drained by the upper tributaries of the Onon and the Kerulen, both belonging to the basin of the Amur.
- The yearly amount of rain at Urga (altitude 4350 ft., at the northern foot of the Kentei Mountains) is only 92 in., and the average temperatures are: year 27° F., January-18°, July 64°; a minimum of - 35° F.
- The chief towns of north-west Mongolia are Urga, Ulyasutai, Kobdo and Ulankom.Advertisement
- The trade is chiefly concentrated at Urga, Ulyasutai and Kobdo in north-west Mongolia; Kalgan, Kuku-khoto, Kuku-erghi, Dolon-nur and Biru-khoto in southern and south-eastern Mongolia; and at Kerulen in the north-east.
- There is a Chinese imperial agent at Urga.
- Four high roads radiate from Peking, one leading to Urga by way of Shan-hwa Fu, which passes through the Great Wall at Chang-kiu K`ow; another, which enters Mongolia through the.
- The yearly amount of rain at Urga (altitude 4350 ft., at the northern foot of the Kentei Mountains) is only 92 in., and the average temperatures are: year 27Ã‚° F., January-18Ã‚°, July 64Ã‚°; a minimum of - 35Ã‚° F.