Urbe sentence example
- Authorities.-(I) Principal Sources: The history of Anjou may be told partly with the aid of the chroniclers of the neighbouring provinces, especiall y those of Normandy (William of Poitiers, William of Jumieges, Ordericus Vitalis) and of Maine (especially Actus pontificum Cenomannis in urbe degentium).
- Copious references to these mentions are collected in Tuch, De Nino Urbe (Leipzig, 1845).
- Apollinare in Urbe; but of course one cannot be sure how far in such a material the portrait fairly represents the original.
- Its proper title was Ab urbe condita libri (also called historiae and annales).
- The sole argument, though a very weighty one, is found in the undeniable relation, revealed in an astonishing similarity both in expressions and composition, which exists between these forgeries and some other documents certainly fabricated at Le Mans, under the episcopate of Aldric (832-856), notably the Actus Pontificum Cenomanis in urbe degentium, in which there is no lack of forged documents.Advertisement
- The following are the names of the six boards: (I) Tresviri capitales (see Tresviri); (2) Tresviri monetales; (3) Quatuorviri viis in urbe purgandis, who had the care of the streets and roads inside the city; (4) Duoviri viis extra urbem purgandis '(see DuovIRI), abolished by Augustus; (5) Decemviri stlitibus judicandis (see DECEMvIRI); (6) Quatuor praefecti Capuam Cumas, abolished by Augustus.