Uranienburg sentence example
- It appears from Craig's letter, to which we may therefore assign the date 3589, that, five years before, he had made an attempt to reach Uranienburg, but had been baffled by the storms and rocks of Norway, and that ever since then he had been longing to visit Tycho.
- spent some days at Uranienburg, before returning to Scotland from his matrimonial expedition.
- It seems not unlikely therefore that Craig may have accompanied the king in his visit to Uranienburg.
- Tycho Brahe was from his fifteenth year devoted to astrology, and adjoining his observatory at Uranienburg the astronomerroyal of Denmark ha .d a laboratory built in order to study alchemy, and it was only a few years before his death that he finally abandoned astrology.
- Tycho Brahe, when compiling his catalogue of stars, was unable to observe Lupus, Ara, Corona australis and Piscis australis, on account of the latitude of Uranienburg; and hence these constellations are omitted from his catalogue.Advertisement