Uraba sentence example
- The Bacuba, Suriquilla or Leon, is a small stream rising on the western slopes of the Cordillera and flowing into the upper end of the Gulf of Uraba.
- The Gulf of Uraba is a large bight or southerly extension of the Gulf of Darien.
- It extends inland about 31 m., and marks a deep indentation of the coast like the Gulf of Uraba.
- Shortly after the news of the discovery of the New World had reached Spain he was in Seville, and thence found his way across the Atlantic. There he is heard of in 1510 as having taken part in an expedition from Hispaniola to Uraba under Alonzo de Ojeda, by whom he was entrusted with the charge of the unfortunate settlement at San Sebastian.
- lat., and flowing almost due north to the Gulf of Uraba, or Darien, where it forms a large delta.Advertisement