Unseelie sentence example
- Two well known classifications in Scottish folklore are the Seelie Court and the Unseelie Court.
- As you may deduce by the prefix "un" the Unseelie Court includes fairies who, unlike the Seelie Court fairies, are nasty toward humans.
- The Unseelie Court fairies favor living in rural areas associated with bloodshed and will most likely be found in areas like cemeteries and historic battlefields.
- Dark fairies are most often associated with the Unseelie Court.
- Hamilton's Meredith Gentry series, the Unseelie Court is brought front and center when her main character Merry Gentry is in line for the throne.Advertisement
- The Unseelie Court refers to the unholy or the unblessed.
- The dark fairies or fae are consigned to the Unseelie Court if they are not as lovely and bright as the Seelie (the light or blessed fae) Court may deem.
- The fairies of the Unseelie Court are most often associated with evil fairies, but a dark fairy is not necessarily evil.