Universel sentence example
- But he did not allow his misfortune to put a stop to his work, and in 1708 produced a large Dictionnaire universel geographique et historique in three volumes folio.
- in a Dictionnaire raisonne et universel des animaux, published at Paris in 1759.
- The publicist Charles Joseph Panckoucke (1736-1798), owner of the Mercure de France and publisher of the famous Encyclopedie (1781), persuaded him to merge this in a larger paper, the Moniteur universel, which gained a wide repute for correctness and impartiality.
- On the!18th of March 1886, a socialist rising suddenly burst out at Liege, on the occasion of the 18th of April the chamber adopted an electoral system until then unknown - le suffrage universel plural.
- See Jean Dumont, Corps universel diplomatique, &c. (1726-1731), vol.Advertisement
- The Corps universel diplomatique du droit des gens of J.
- The labours of the publicist would also be much lightened were it possible to consolidate the various general collections of diplomatic acts into a new Corps diplomatique universel, well furnished with cross references, and with brief annotations showing how far each treaty is supposed to be still in force.
- So the Encyclopedie, besides giving a eulogistic article " Baconisme," speaks of him (in d'Alembert's preliminary discourse) as " le plus grand, le plus universel, et le plus eloquent des philosophes."
- His great work is the Bibliotheque orientale, ou dictionnaire universel contenant tout ce qui regarde la connoissance des peuples de l'Orient, which occupied him nearly all his life, and was completed in 1697 by A.
- Dumas were bass clarinets (Moniteur Universel of 19th April 1811).Advertisement
- He has not received much recent attention from critics and monographers, but his Origines du droit francais, cherchees dans les symboles et formules du droit universel was edited by Emile Faguet in 1890 and went into a second edition in 1900.
- His other works are: Systeme universel (8 vols., 1812); Du Sort de l'homme (3 vols., 1820); Cours de philosophie (8 vols., 1824), reproduced as Explication universelle (3 vols., 1826-1828); Jeunesse, maturite, religion, philosophie (1837), De la phrenologie, du magnetisme, et de la folie (1843).
- Originally tutor to the son of Mme de Stael, he resolved, with his schoolfellow Colladon, to try his fortune in Paris, and obtained employment on the Bulletin universel.
- There was a reclamation as to priority by Poncelet in the Bulletin universel reprinted with remarks by Gergonne (Gerg.
- His other publications included Pharmacopee universelle (1697), Traite universel des drogues simples (1698), Traite de l'antimoine (1707), together with a number of papers contributed to the French Academy, one of which offered a chemical and physical explanation of underground fires, earthquakes, lightning and thunder.Advertisement
- Delagrave (Levaseur's maps), Hachette (Vivien de St Martin's Atlas universel, in progress since 1875, F.