Universae sentence example
- He was more of a theologian than a philosopher; and in his chief work, of Summa universae theologiae, he simply employs his increased philosophical knowledge in the demonstration of theological doctrines.
- Innocent was also a notable patron of learning; he encouraged Alexander of Hales to write his Summa universae theologiae, did much for the universities, notably the Sorbonne, and founded law schools at Rome and Piacenza.
- Besides aiding his brother in his literary labours, he published, in 1749-1760, Codex Liturgicus Ecclesiae Universae in xv.
- Of the latter the best known are Summula casuum conscientiae (1627); Liber theologiae moralis (1644), and Universae theologiae moralis problemata (1652-1666).
- Among his other works are: Euclidis elementorum libri, &c. (Paris, 1626); Universae geometriae synopsis (1644); Les Mechaniques de Galilee (Paris, 1634); Questions inouies ou recreations des savants (1634); Questions theologiques, physiques, &c. (1634); Nouvelles decouvertes de Galilee (1639); Cogitata physico-mathematica (1644).Advertisement
- (1560); Poetarum veterum ecclesiasticorum opera Christiana (1562); De Re Poetica libri septem (1565); Rerum Misnicarum libri septem (1569); (posthumous) Originu7n illustrissimae stirpis Saxonicae libri septem (1597); Rerum Germaniae magnae et Saxoniae universae memorab'lium mirabiliumque volumina duo (1609).
- His Summa universae theologiae secundum Unitarios (1787), Socinian with Arminian modifications, was accepted by Joseph II.
- In addition to the works already mentioned Boscovich published Elementa universae matheseos (1754), the substance of the course of study prepared for his pupils; and a narrative of his travels, entitled Giornale di un viaggio da Constantinepoli in Polonia, of which several editions and a French translation appeared.