Uniflora sentence example
- The alpine rose (Rhododendron dauricum) clusters in masses on the higher mountains; juniper, spiraea, sorbus, the pseudo-acacia (Caragana sibirica and C. arborescens, C. jubata in some of the higher tracts), various Rosaceae - Potentilla fruticosa and Cotoneaster uniflora - the wild cherry (Prunus Padus), and many other shrubs occupy the spaces between the trees.
- uniflora from Japan is closely related.
- uniflora, 6 in., white, are both pretty plants of the easiest culture, either for borders or rockeries.
- Melica uniflora has in addition to the ligule, a green erect tongue-like process, from the line of junction of the edges of the sheath.
- In this connection, it is interesting that in the east of England with the lowest summer rainfall of this country, many common sciophytes are absent or rare in the woods, such, for example, as Melica uniflora, Allium ursinum, Lychnis dioica, OxalsY Acetosella, and Asperula odorata.Advertisement
- P. uniflora, P. media, P. minor, and P. secunda are also interesting British plants, and the first-named is very ornamental, besides being very rare.
- A new species, S. uniflora, has recently come to us from Japan, but is still rare.
- Associated with the best Scillas, Leucojum vernum, Iris reticulata, dwarf Daffodils, and the like, T. uniflora is delightful, and is equally useful for the rock garden, borders, or edgings.