Unie sentence example
- This organization, known as the Oranjie Unie, was formally constituted in May 1906, but had been in existence for some months previously.
- Of the Oranjie Unie Mr Abraham Fischer became chairman, other prominent members being Messrs Hertzog, C. de Wet and Steyn.
- They resulted in the return of 29 members of the Oranjie Unie, 5 Constitutionalists and 4 Independents.
- Of the members of the first legislative council five were supporters of the Oranjie Unie and five were regarded as Constitutionalists, the eleventh member holding the balance.
- organization, the Oranjie Unie, was formed.Advertisement
- In the Orange River Colony the first elections under the self-government constitution were held in November 1907, and out of 38 seats in the House of Assembly Oranjie Unie candidates secured 2 9.
- While the ideal of the Unie was an Afrikander state, the Constitutionalists desired the perfect equality of both white races.