Ung sentence example
- The Ruthenians are not in a majority in any county, but in four they form a minority of from 36 to 46% (Maramaros, Bereg, Ugocsa, Ung) and in three others (Sáros, Zemplen, Szepes) a minority of from 8.2 to 19.7%.
- (d) The circle on the right bank of the Theiss contains eight counties: Abauj-Torna, Bereg, Borsod, Gomor-es Kis-Hont, Saros, Szepes, Ung, Zemplen.
- Veghelyi in the archives of the Csicsery family, in the county of Ung.
- The legend of Prester John is based on the idea of the conversion of a Mongol tribe, the Karith, whose chieftain Ung Khan at baptism received the title Malek Juchana (King John).Advertisement
- They are a monotonous sandstone range, covered with extensive forests, which up to the sources of the rivers Ung and San are also called the eastern Beskids, and are formed of small parallel ranges.
- But the persistent demand produced a supply; and the honour of identification with Prester John, after hovering over one head and another, settled for a long time upon that of the king of the Nestorian tribe of Kerait, famous in the histories of Jenghiz under the name of Ung or Awang Khan.
- This Unc was in fact the prince of the Kerait, called by the Chinese Tuli, and by the Persian historians of the Mongols Toghral, on whom the Kin emperor of north China had conferred the title of "wang" or king, whence his coming to be known as Awang or Ung Khan.
- He was long the ally of Jenghiz, but a breach occurred between them, and they were mortal enemies till the death of Ung Khan in 1203.
- We can find no Oriental corroboration of the claims of Ung Khan to supremacy over the Mongols.Advertisement
- In January 1504 the archduke Philip gave him fifty livres for the Panegyric which "ung religieux de 1'ordre de St Augustin" had composed on his Spanish journey; and in October, ten more, for the maintenance of his studies.
- Beck, Die Geschichtsbiicher der Wiedertdufer in Osterr.- Ung.
- 'CONFUCIUS' [K`ung tsze] (550 or 55 1 -47 8 B.C.), the famous sage of China.
- His clan name was Kung, and Confucius is merely the latinized form of Kung Fu-tze, meaning " the philosopher or master K`ung."
- The Ruthenians are not in a majority in any county, but in four they form a minority of from 36 to 46% (Maramaros, Bereg, Ugocsa, Ung) and in three others (SÃ¡ros, Zemplen, Szepes) a minority of from 8.2 to 19.7%.Advertisement