Unduloid sentence example
- This form of the film is called the unduloid.
- - Unduloid.
- - The cylinder is the limiting form of the unduloid when the rolling ellipse becomes a circle.
- This is a simple harmonic wave-line, whose mean distance from the axis is a, whose wave-length is lira, and whose amplitude is c. The internal pressure corresponding to this unduloid is as before p = T/a.
- The film will swell out into the convex part of an unduloid, having its largest section midway between the disks, and we have to determine whether the internal pressure will be greater or less than before.Advertisement
- As the ellipse degenerates into the straight line joining its foci, the contracted parts of the unduloid become narrower, till at last the figure becomes a series of spheres in contact.