Umzimkulu sentence example
- The Umzimkulu river rises in Bamboo Castle, in the Drakensberg, and, with bolder curves than the Umkomaas, runs in a course generally parallel with that stream S.E.
- The Ingwangwane rises in the Drakensberg south of the Umzimkulu, which it joins after a course of some 50 m.
- Below the junction the Umzimkulu forms for some distance the frontier between Natal and the Griqualand East division of the Cape.
- In the Umzimkulu river and in the Tugela river below its junction with the Buffalo, metamorphic limestones are associated with schists, gneisses and granites.
- There are also about 4500 Natalians of German extraction, settled mainly in the New Hanover and Umzimkulu districts.Advertisement
- The Asiatics are mainly congregated in the coast districts between the Umzimkulu and Tugela rivers.
- Port Shepstone, at the mouth of the Umzimkulu river, is the natural outlet for south-west Natal.
- On the lower Umzimkulu, near Port Shepstone, marble is found in great quantities.
- In 1831 that chief raided their settlements, the whites all fleeing south of the Umzimkulu; but at Dingaan's invitation they soon returned.