Umgeni sentence example
- The Umgeni, which rises in the Spion Kop hills some 30 m.
- Here the Umgeni leaps in a single sheet of water down a precipice over 350 ft.
- Other rivers of Natal which rise in the spurs of the Drakensberg or in the higher terraces are the Umvoti, which runs south of the Tugela and gives its name to a county division, the Umlaas (which gives Durban its main water supply, the Illovo, which traverse .the country between Lthe Umgeni and Umkomaas, and the Umtamvuna, noteworthy as forming the boundary between Natal and Pondoland.
- The Umgeni quarries, where the rock is used for road-metal, furnish the best exposures.
- Hippopotami are still found in the Umgeni river and crocodiles in several of the coast streams. Leopards and panthers are found in thickly wooded kloofs.Advertisement
- to the Umgeni river.
- There already existed a short line from the Point at Durban to the Umgeni, and on the 1st of January 1876 Sir Henry Bulwer, who had succeeded Wolseley as governor, turned the first sod of a new state-owned railway which was completed as far as Maritzburg in 1880.
- Hippopotami are still found in the Umgeni river and crocodiles in several of the coast streams. 'Leopards and panthers are found in thickly wooded kloofs.