Umberto sentence example
- At the south extremity of the hill, on the site of the bastian of south Caterina, a large terrace, the Passeggiata Umberto Primo, [has been constructed: it is much in use on summer evenings, and has a splendid view.
- The founder of the house of Savoy is Umberto Biancamano (Humbert the White-handed), a feudal lord of uncertain but probably Teutonic descent, who in 1003 was count of Salmourenc in the Viennois, in 1017 of Nyon on the Lake of Geneva, and in 1024 of the Val d'Aosta on the 4 eastern slope of the Western Alps.
- With these territories Umberto commanded three of the great Alpine passes, viz.
- Umberto died some time after 1056 and was succeeded by his.
- The Roman town lay immediately to the southeast of the modern; its north-western wall is marked by the modern Corso Umberto I.Advertisement
- The old palace of the doges, originally a building of the 13th century, to which the tower alone belongs, the rest of the building having been remodelled in the 16th century and modernized after a fire in 1777, stands in the Piazza Umberto Primo near the cathedral, and now contains the telegraph and other government offices.
- The Galleria Umberto I.
- Numerous music halls have sprung up of late years, of which the principal is the Salone Margherita in the basement of the Galleria Umberto Primo.
- Umberto Eco has written on a similar cultural peculiarity in Italy, especially among the popular cinema crowd.
- The Caprese adventure begins on Piazza Umberto I, under the watchful gaze of a 17th century watchtower, with a refreshing drink.Advertisement
- Humbert the Whitehanded (Umberto Biancamano) (d.
- Umberto Cesari is located in the Emilia-Romagna D.O.C. and lies on the border of the more reputable and famous for vino D.O.C.
- Umberto Cesari and his wife, Giuliana, founded their estate in Castel San Pietra.