Umanak sentence example
- The scanty exploration of !n e Umivik ¦Igdloluarsuk kornutarmiut Umanak Tingmiarmiut Nersen "?>?
- At the bottom of Mogens Heinesen Fjord, 62° 30' N., the peaks are 6300 ft., and in the region of Umanak, 63° N., they even exceed 6600 ft.
- A few other minerals may be noticed, and some have been worked to a small extent - graphite is abundant, particularly near Upernivik; cryolite is found almost exclusively at Ivigtut; copper has been observed at several places, but only in nodules and laminae of limited extent; and coal of poor quality is found in the districts about Disco Bay and Umanak Fjord.
- At Umanak (70° 40' N.) is the most northern garden in the world.
- In the north inspectorate the centres are: Egedesminde, on an islet at the mouth of Disco Bay; Christianshaab, one of the pleasantest settlements in the north, and Jacobshavn, on the inner shores of the same bay; Godhavn (or Lievely) on the south coast of Disco Island, formerly an important seat of the whaling industry; Ritenbenk, Umanak, and, most northerly of all, Upernivik.Advertisement
- At the bottom of Mogens Heinesen Fjord, 62Ã‚° 30' N., the peaks are 6300 ft., and in the region of Umanak, 63Ã‚° N., they even exceed 6600 ft.
- At Umanak (70Ã‚° 40' N.) is the most northern garden in the world.