Uman sentence example
- frontier of Poland to Ovrutch, Uman, Kremenchug, Poltava and Razdornaya (50° N.
- Uman >>
- from its mouth, and among several lakes drains Stor Uman (64 sq.
- UMAN, a town of Russia, in the government of Kiev, 120 m.
- Uman was founded early in the 17th century as a fort against the Tatar raiders.Advertisement
- In 1768, when the Cossacks revolted anew against the Poles, they took Uman and murdered most of its inhabitants.
- Haman, he says, is a corruption of Hamman or Humman or Uman, the name of the chief deity of the Elamites, in whose capital (Susa) the scene of the narrative is laid, while Vashti is Mashti (or Vashti), probably the name of an Elamite goddess.
- frontier of Poland to Ovrutch, Uman, Kremenchug, Poltava and Razdornaya (50Ã‚° N.