Ulrici sentence example
- Ulrici; while R.
- HERMANN ULRICI (1806-1884), German philosopher, was born at Pfurten, Prussia, on the 2 3 rd of March 1806.
- The Hegelian identity of being and thought is also abandoned and the truth of realism acknowledged, an attempt being made to exhibit idealism and realism as respectively incomplete but mutually complementary systems. Ulrici's later works, while expressing the same views, are 1 :trgely occupied in proving the existence of God and the soul from the basis of scientific conceptions, and in opposition to the materialistic current of thought then popular in Germany.
- From 1847 onward Ulrici edited, jointly with the younger Fichte, the Zeitschrift fiir Philosophie u.
- He graduated at Bowdoin College in 1834; studied theology at Andover, where his health failed, at Bangor, and, after a year (1836-1837) as librarian and tutor in Greek at Bowdoin, in Germany at Halle, where he became personally intimate with Tholuck and Ulrici, and in Berlin, under Neander and Hengstenberg.Advertisement
- See Ulrici, Das Maingehiet in seiner natiirlichen Beschaffenheit (Kassel, 1885); E.
- Muller, Bernhardy, Ulrici and Th.
- Eucken represents to a later generation the spirit and tendency of Lotze and Ulrici, in original and powerful, if rather elusive, fashion.