Ullathorne sentence example
- WILLIAM BERNARD ULLATHORNE (1806-1889), English Roman Catholic bishop, was born at Pocklington, Yorkshire, on the 7th of May 1806, of an old Roman Catholic family.
- It was mainly Ullathorne who caused Gregory XVI.
- On the re-establishment of the hierarchy in England Ullathorne became the first Roman Catholic bishop of Birmingham.
- Consecrated at the pro-cathedral at Moorfields (since destroyed) by Dr Ullathorne, bishop of Birmingham (June 8, 1865), and enthroned there (Nov.
- William Bernard Ullathorne >>Advertisement
- At the time of the Vatican Council (1869-1870) he was known to be opposed to the definition of Papal infallibility, and in a private letter to his bishop (Ullathorne), surreptitiously published, he denounced the "insolent and aggressive faction" that had pushed the matter forward.