Ulidians sentence example
- In south Ulster Ptolemy locates a people called the Voluntii who seem to correspond to the Ulidians of a later period (Ir.
- The old inhabitants of Ulster are usually termed Ulidians to distinguish them from the Milesian peoples who overran the province.
- the Eraind and Corcu Loegdi of Munster and the Ulidians with the Milesians of Tara.
- At the beginning of the 4th century the three Collas founded the kingdom of Oriel (comprising the present counties of Armagh, Monaghan, north Louth, south Fermanagh) and drove the Ulidians into the eastern part of the province.
- The bulk of the population here was probably Pictish; but the Dal Fiatach, representing the old Ulidians or ancient population of Ulster, maintained themselves until the 8th century when they were subdued by their Pictish neighbours.Advertisement