Ulick sentence example
- The former held the territory of Clanricarde, lying in the neighbourhood of Galway, and in 1543 their chief, as Ulick "Bourck, alias Makwilliam," surrendered it to Henry VIII., receiving it back to hold, by English custom, as earl of Clanricarde and Lord Dunkellin.
- The 4th earl (1601-1635) distinguished himself on the English side in O'Neill's rebellion and afterwards, and obtained the English earldom of St Albans in 1628, his son Ulick receiving further the Irish marquessate of Clanricarde (1646).
- Ulick Ralph Burke's Life of Benito Juarez (London, 1894) is of considerable value and interest.
- Borrow, The Bible in SpaIn (1st ed., London, 1843; with notes and glossary by Ulick R.
- I had a brief chat with Ulick - a real sociable fella is Ulick, but I got a few words out of him.Advertisement
- sociable fella is Ulick, but I got a few words out of him.