Uist sentence example
- The chief islands of the Outer Hebrides are Lewis-with-Harris (or Long Island), North Uist, Benbecula, South Uist, Barra, the Shiants, St Kilda and the Flannan Isles, or Seven Hunters, an uninhabited group, about 20 M.
- In the autumn he set out to visit western Inverness, the islands of Skye, North and South Uist and Benbecula.
- of North Uist.
- The low shores on the west coast are frequently occupied by sanddunes, as on the western margin of North and South Uist, and in many bays from the north of Sutherland to the coast of Ayrshire.
- of South Uist, is 8 M.Advertisement
- There is communication by ferry with South Uist.
- We headed to the southern tip of South Uist where it was very blowy and had lunch.
- The Island is now joined by causeway to South Uist.
- Loch Bee causeway The link across Loch Bee in South Uist is the the oldest causeway involved in the Western Isles Spinal Route.
- causeway links to Benbecula and South Uist enable exploration further afield.Advertisement
- Time to see the wood and the trees - and help relocate the Uist hedgehogs.
- A male catching voles alongside the minibus on South Uist was mobbed by Swallows.
- In Uist on Bride 's Eve the girls fashion a sheaf of corn into the likeness of a woman.