Uighurs sentence example
- Being well received by the Uighurs and other tribes west of the desert, subjects of his family, he gathered an army and commenced a course of conquest which eventually extended over eastern and western Turkestan.
- The Uighurs appear to have been the descendants of the people called Tolas and to have been one of the many Turkish tribes who migrated westwards from China.
- The Uighurs employed an alphabet based upon the Syriac and borrowed from the Nestorian missionaries.
- The Uighurs, and in the 12th century the Kara-Khitai, took possession of it in turn.
- According to Chinese documents they came from the Selenga; but most Orientalists identify them with the Uighurs.Advertisement
- Grigoriev, 2 the Turks who succeeded the Chinese in the western parts of East Turkestan were the Karlyk Turks, who extended farther south-west up to Kashmir, while the north-eastern parts of the Tarim region were subdued by the Uighurs.
- Among these ruins Klements found several very interesting MSS., some of them written in the language of the Uighurs, an ancient Turkish race, and others in tongues unknown.