Uen sentence example
- Wuchang is an important junction on the trunk railway from Peking to Canton; and is on the route of the Sze-ch`uen railway.
- Besides run-nan Fu, the capital, the province contains thirteen prefectural cities, several of which - Teng-ch`uen Fu, Ta-li Fu, Yung-ch`ang Fu, Ch`u-siung Fu and Lin-gan Fu, for example - are situated in the valley plains.
- by Sze-ch`uen, E.
- Unlike those of their kind in Sze Ch`uen, the wax insects of Shan-tung breed and become productive in the same districts.
- and Rockhill, to Tachienlu in Sze-ch`uen, where she arrived on the 12th of April 1893.Advertisement
- his wife reached the Chinese province of Sze-ch`uen with great difficulty alone.
- But in 1909 Chinese troops were sent to operate on the Sze-ch`uen frontier against certain insurgent lamas, whom they handled severely.
- It is admirably situated as a trade centre and serves as a depot for the silk from Chehkiang and Szech`uen, the tea from Hu-peh and Ho-nan, and the sugar from Szech`uen destined for the markets of Kan-suh, Turkestan, Kulja and Russia.
- All cargo to or from Szech`uen is here transhipped from steamer to junk, or vice versd.
- It has few manufactures, but does an extensive trade principally in the importation of silk from Cheh-kiang and Sze-ch`uen, tea from Hu-peh and Hu-nan, and sugar from Sze-ch`uen, and in the exportation of these and other articles (such as skins and furs) to Kan-suh, Russia and Central Asia.Advertisement
- by Shen-si and Szech`uen.
- The last is by far the largest of the three and extends over the districts of Wu-ch`uen, Tien-pai, Yang-kiang, Yang-ch`un, Gan-ping, K`ai-ping, Sin-hing, Ho-shan, Sin-hwang, and Sin-ning.
- The western provinces of Sze-ch`uen, Yun-nan and Kwei-chow yielded respectively 200,000, 30,000 and 15,000 piculs (of 1 333 Ib); Manchuria 15,000; Shen-si, Chih-li and Shan-tung io,000 each; and the other provinces from 5000 to 500 piculs each, the whole amount produced in China in 1906 being estimated at 330,000 piculs, of which the province of Sze-ch`uen produced nearly twothirds.
- Little, after travelling through western China, which appeared in the newspapers in May 1910, stated that all over the province of Sze-ch`uen opium had almost ceased to be produced, except only in a few remote districts on the frontier (see further China: § History).
- His Christianae religionis institutio became Calvin' s g 'Inf uen ' a standard round which his countrymen rallied in the work and battle of the Reformation.Advertisement