Uelzen sentence example
- UELZEN, a town of Germany, in the Prussian province of Hanover, on the Ilmenau, east of the famous Liineburger Heide, at the junction of the railway connecting Hamburg, Hanover, Bremen and Stendal, 52 m.
- Founded in the 10th century as Lowenwold, Uelzen became in the middle ages an active member of the Hanseatic League.
- See Jaenicke, Geschichte der Stadt Uelzen (Hanover, 1889).
- His early years (from 1627) were spent at Uelzen, where his father was court preacher to the duke of Brunswick.
- It has also direct railway communication with Berlin via Uelzen, Hanover and Bremerhaven.Advertisement
- Uelzen >>