Udad sentence example
- UDAD, Aoudad or Audad, the Moorish name of the Barbary sheep, or arui, Ovis (Ammotragus) lervia, the only wild sheep found in Africa, where it inhabits all the mountain ranges of the north, descending to the eastward far into the heart of the Sudan.
- The udad is distinguished by the abundant hair on the throat and fore-quarters of the rams, and the length of the tail.
- The dorcas gazelle is still common in the south of Tunisia; but perhaps the most interesting ruminant is the magnificent udad, or Barbary sheep, which is found in the sterile mountainous regions of south Tunisia.
- Africa the udad or aoudad, 0.
- (See Udad, Argali, Goat, Ibex, Mouflon, Sheep and Tahr.) The musk-ox (Ovibos moschatus) alone represents the family Ovibovinae, which is probably most nearly related to the next group (see Music-ox).Advertisement