Uchikake sentence example
- After the ceremony, brides don kimonos called uchikake.
- Uchikake are elaborately patterned wedding kimonos that are a bright red or other color, such as green, yellow, or purple.
- Brides might change their uchikake several times during the reception.
- Cranes, bamboo, ducks, flower blossoms, and birds often make up some of the designs on the uchikake.
- On the other hand, some women may choose to wear the uchikake during the ceremony over the shiromuku and then change into a contemporary wedding gown.Advertisement
- It is actually two kimonos: a white brocade kimono worn during the ceremony and then a separate colorful kimono called a uchikake, worn during the reception.