U-o sentence example
- u - b), u =ae ?, (5) where u =a, a' at the edge A, A l.; u at a corner B; u=o across xx' where 4 = oo; and u = oo, 43-= co across the end J J' of the jet, bounded by the curved lines APJ, A'P'J', over which the skin velocity is Q.
- If m = 4, and the data are ul, u2, Us, U4, we have area = h (7 u o + 3 2u 2 -112/42 + 3 2u 3 + 7u4).
- .9 u O L s ` Fa Ilu?s 4 f ?
- The Hessian A has just been spoken of as a covariant of the form u; the notion of invariants and covariants belongs rather to the form u than to the curve u=o represented by means of this form; and the theory may be very briefly referred to.
- To show how this is, observe that to a given point (x, y, z) on the curve u=o there corresponds a single point (x', y', z') determined by the equations x': y': z' =X: Y: Z; from these equations and the equation u = o eliminating x, y, z, we obtain the equation u'=o of the transformed curve.Advertisement