Tete sentence example
- The words were constantly altered and added to during the Terror and later; thus the well-known lines, "Madame Veto avait promis De faire egorger tout Paris On lui coupa la tete," &c., were added after the execution of Marie Antoinette.
- After the peace of Westphalia Stralsund was ceded with the rest of Western Pomerania to Sweden; and for more than a century and a half it was exposed to attack and capture as the tete - de - pont of the Swedes in continental Europe.
- The early death of this talented mathematician, of whom Legendre said "quelle tete celle du jeune Norvegien!", cut short a career of extraordinary brilliance and promise.
- After vaguely looking at it a long time, "Il n'y a que moi qui pouvais concevoir la tete de Leonidas," he whispered, and died.
- Livingstone reached the Portuguese settlement of Tete on the 2nd of March 1856, in a very emaciated condition.Advertisement
- The remainder of the year was devoted to an examination of the river above Tete, and especially the Kebrabasa rapids.
- Behind the rock, between Mont Tete de Chien and Mont de la Justice, the high grounds rise towards La Turbie, the village on the hill which takes its name from the tropaea with which Augustus marked the boundary between Gaul and Italy.
- In the case of the expressions bien or mal lune, well or ill mooned, avoir un quartier de lune dans la tete, to have the quarter of the moon in one's head, the German mondsiichtig and the English moonstruck or lunatic, the fundamental idea lies in the strange opinions formerly held about the moon.
- A few plants described by Potonie from German and Portuguese East Africa demonstrate the occurrence of Glossopteris and a few other genera, referred to a Permo-Triassic horizon, in a region slightly to the north of Tete in the Zambesi district (Map A, I.), where typical European plants agreeing with Upper Carboniferous types were discovered several years ago, and described by Zeiller in 1882 and 1901.
- For example, a tiny wool tam is perfect for a small Bebe or all bisque German or French cabinet doll, while a large silk hat looks great on a 30 inch Tete Jumeau.Advertisement