Teacch sentence example
- The TEACCH approach includes a focus on the person with autism and development of a program around this person's skills, interests, and needs.
- Eric Schopler began the Treatment and Education of Autistic and Related Communication Handicapped Children (TEACCH) program based upon the idea of autism culture in the 1970's.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill runs the TEACCH program.
- The TEACCH program for autism is a lifelong plan that involves much more than teaching strategies and methods of therapy.
- Treatment and Education of Autistic and Communication Related Handicapped Children (TEACCH) is a comprehensive program that involves every step of dealing with autistic disorders, beginning with diagnosis.Advertisement
- Gary Meisibov, Ph.D. became director of the program after Schopler, but has stepped down from the position after serving in the TEACCH program for 31 years.
- There are nine regional centers in the state, however, organizations have adopted the TEACCH program for autism in other parts of the country.
- Like other organizations dealing with the autism spectrum of disorders, TEACCH is involved with research.
- Biomedical studies are important aspects of autism research included in the TEACCH program.
- Defining TEACCH is challenging because it can't be simplified into a specific approach.Advertisement
- Those interested in learning more about the program can visit the UNC School of Medicine website for the TEACCH Family Service Guide.
- Some organizations also adopt principals of promising approaches that do not have scientific data to support them, including DIR Floortime and TEACCH.