Taylors sentence example
- Of other schools, Merchant Taylors' was founded by the Company of that name in 1561, and has occupied, since 1875, the premises vacated by Charterhouse School.
- Lancelot was sent to the Cooper's free school, Ratcliff, in the parish of Stepney, and then to the Merchant Taylors' school under Richard Mulcaster.
- The influence of the revival extended to many other schools, such as Christ's Hospital (1552), Westminster (1560), and Merchant Taylors' (1561); Repton (1 557), Rugby (1567) and Harrow (1571).
- He was educated at Merchant Taylors' School and St John's College, Oxford.
- The town possesses a pier and promenade, a theatre, assembly rooms, and numerous convalescent homes, including an establishment belonging to the Merchant Taylors' Company.Advertisement
- He was admitted on the it th of June 1665 to Merchant Taylors' school, having, according to one authority, been previously at Oakham.
- For example, in the Merchant Taylors the fees are - upon taking up the freedom, by patrimony or servitude, £I, 3s.
- When the tower was first built it contained a 21 bell carillon by Taylors of 1877.
- Even in this peal, Taylors were not tuning the tierce to the theoretical value.
- All the bells apart from Great Abel were recast by Taylors in 1936 to create the current installation.Advertisement
- These are a smashing job, showing Taylors at their best.