Taurinorum sentence example
- Farther west came the roads over the higher Alpine passes the Brenner from Verona, the Septimer and the Splugen from Clavenna (Chiavenna), the Great and the Little St Bernard from Augusta Praetoria (Aosta), and the Mont Genvre from Augusta Taurinorum (Turin).
- It lay on the road between Augusta Taurinorum and Vada Sabatia.
- The ancient Eporedia, standing at the junction of the roads from Augusta Taurinorum and Vercellae, at the point where the road to Augusta Praetoria enters the narrow valley of the Duria (Dora Baltea), was a military position of considerable importance belonging to the Salassi who inhabited the whole upper valley of the Duria.
- Taken as a whole it is modern in aspect, but its regularity of form is in reality derived from the ancient Roman town of Augusta Taurinorum, which formed its nucleus.
- The ancient Augusta Taurinorum was a city of Gallia Cisalpina, the chief town of the Taurini.Advertisement
- The place was connected by road with Alba Pompeia and Augusta Taurinorum.
- It is not known when they definitely became subject to the Romans, nor when the colony of (Julia) Augusta Taurinorum (Torino, Turin) was founded in their territory (probably by Augustus after the battle of Actium).
- Pompeia, probably founded by Pompeius Strabo (consul 89 B.C.) when he constructed the road from Aquae Statiellae (Acqui) to Augusta Taurinorum (Turin).