Tarbert sentence example
- A chain of hills culminating in the Paps of Jura - Beinn-an-Oir (2571 ft.) and Beinn Chaolais (2407 ft.) - runs the whole length of the island, interrupted only by Tarbert loch, an arm of the sea, which forms an indentation nearly 6 m.
- It receives the Fyne, Shira, Aray and many other streams, and, on the western side, gives off Lochs Shira, Gair, Gilp (with Ardrishaig, the Crinan Canal and Lochgilphead) and East Tarbert (with Tarbert village).
- There are ferries at St Catherine's and Otter, and piers at Tarbert, Ardrishaig, Kilmory, Crarae, Furnace, Inveraray, Strachur and elsewhere.
- Tarbert is a pleasant fishing town popular with the yachting fraternity.
- He added Kintyre to his domain by having a galley portaged across the isthmus at Tarbert, Loch Fyne.Advertisement