Tambunan sentence example
- In 1898 a composition was made with him, the terms of which were unfortunately not defined with sufficient clearness, and he retired into the Tambunan country, to the east of the range which runs parallel with the west coast, where for a period he lorded it unchecked over the Dusun tribes of the valley.
- The Tambunan district, the last stronghold of Mat Saleh, is now thoroughly settled.
- The principal plateaus are in the Tambunan and Kaningau valleys, in the basin of the Pagalan, and the Ranau plain to the eastward of the base of Kinabalu.
- There is a Protestant mission which supports a church - the only stone building in the territory - and a school at Sandakan, with branches at Kudat, Kaningau and Tambunan.
- The Roman Catholic mission maintains an orphanage, a church and school at Sandakan, and has missions among the Dusuns at several points on the west coast and in the Tambunan country.Advertisement