Taba sentence example
- The Taba incident, to which reference has been made, arose in the beginning of 1906 over the claim of the sultan of Turkey to jurisdiction in the Sinai peninsula.
- A small Egyptian force was then directed to occupy Taba, a port- near Akaba but on the western side of the gulf.
- Before this force could reach Taba that place had been seized by the Turkish commandant at Akaba.
- Early in the same year the Turks occupied Taba, a village at the mouth of a small stream 8 m.
- Taba being on the Egyptian side of the frontier, Great Britain intervened on behalf of Egypt, and in May 1906 secured the withdrawal of the Turks.Advertisement
- This baseless report led to what is known as the Taba incident (see below).