Sopra sentence example
- He pursued the subject in Ragionamenti sopra la Travagliata Invenzione (May 1551).
- A full account, together with other early contributions to the science of light, is given in Venturi's Commentari sopra la storia de la Teoria del Ottica (Bologna, 1814).
- This second treatise is the Discorsi sopra la prima deca di Tito Livio.
- The final judgment found no proof of heresy, but compelled him to abjure sixteen errors, rather extorted than extracted from his writings, suspended him from his see for five years, and secluded him to the Dominican cloister of Sta Maria sopra Minerva.
- His chief work on art is the Saggi sopra le belle anti (" Essays on the Fine Arts").Advertisement
- On the 22nd of June, in the church of Santa Maria sopra Minerva, Galileo read his recantation, and received his sentence.
- The promissione ducale was binding on the doge and his family, and could be, and frequently was, altered at each new election, a commission, Inquisitori sopra it doge def unto, being appointed to scrutinize the actions of the deceased doge and to add to the new oath whatever provisions they thought necessary to reduce the dogeship to the position of a mere figurehead in the state.