Somma sentence example
- The Punta del Nasone, the highest point of Somma, is 3714 ft.
- The cypress of Somma, in Lombardy, is believed to have been in existence in the time of Julius Caesar; it is about 121 ft.
- The best crystallized specimens of any mica are afforded by the small brilliant crystals of biotite, which encrust cavities in the limestone blocks ejected from Monte Somma, Vesuvius.
- This precipice, known as Monte Somma, forms the wall of an ancient prehistoric crater of vastly greater size than that of the present volcano.
- The present crater-wall of Monte Somma is doubtless a relic of that time.Advertisement