Sigmoidoscopy sentence example
- Uncertainty of diagnosis (ie more investigations required Eg barium studies, sigmoidoscopy, etc ).
- They will consist of some form of endoscopic examination (either sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy ), often followed by a barium enema radiological examination.
- If complete colonoscopy is not feasible, flexible sigmoidoscopy followed by a double-contrast barium enema is an acceptable alternative.
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy is not sufficient to detect polyps or cancer in the ascending or transverse colon (two-thirds of the colon ).
- Sigmoidoscopy: this technique uses an instrument called a sigmoidoscope to see into your rectum.Advertisement
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy, every five years: A sigmoidoscope is a flexible tube with a tiny camera on the end, which a doctor can use to examine the inside of the rectum and the lower part of the colon.
- Combining flexible sigmoidoscopy with annual FOBT can increase the chance of detecting a growth.
- When symptoms continue even after treatment, endoscopic tests such as a colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy may be performed.
- Endoscopic tests such as a colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy may be performed.