Semiindependent sentence example
- Thus grew up a number of municipalities - practically self-governing republics - semiindependent feudatories in the feudal state.
- Thus at this period Poland was a confederation of half a dozen semiindependent states.
- The town was ruled by a semiindependent Kurdish bey as late as 1836.
- The Alexandrian philosopher wavers between the two theories and has to accord to the Logos of Hellas a semiindependent position beside the supreme God of Judaea.
- The Hauran Druses are a vigorous, independent folk, with a well-deserved reputation for courage, very astute, and hospitable to Europeans, especially the British, with whom they have an old tradition of friendship. But, like most persecuted but semiindependent peoples, they are both cruel, and, by our standards, treacherous.Advertisement