Schlozer sentence example
- Here Schlozer learned Russian and devoted himself to the study of Russian history.
- Schlozer's activity was enormous, and he exercised great influence by his lectures as well as by his books, bringing historical study into touch with political science generally, and using his vast erudition in an attempt to solve practical questions in the state and in society.
- Schlozer, who in 1769 married Caroline Roederer, daughter of Johann Georg Roederer (1726-1763), professor of medicine at GÃ¶ttingen and body physician to the king of England, left five children.
- Schlozer's son Christian (1774-1831) was a professor at Bonn, and published Anfangsgriinde der Staatswirthschaft (1804-1806) and his father's Offentliches and Privat-Leben aus Originalurkunden (1828).
- The youngest son, Karl von Schlozer, a merchant and Russian consul-general at Libeck, was the father of Kurd von Schlozer (1822-1894), the historian and diplomatist, who in 1871 was appointed German ambassador to the United States and in 1882 to the Vatican, when he was instrumental in healing the breach between Germany and the papacy caused by the "May Laws."Advertisement
- His ardour for historical studies was further stimulated by Schlozer, when Muller went (1769) to the university of Gottingen, nominally to study theology.
- Schlozer, who in 1769 married Caroline Roederer, daughter of Johann Georg Roederer (1726-1763), professor of medicine at GÃƒ¶ttingen and body physician to the king of England, left five children.
- She died on the 12th of July 1825 (see Reuter, Dorothea Schlozer, GÃƒ¶ttingen, 1887).