Schlosser sentence example
- C. Schlosser, Geschichte der bildersturmenden Kaiser des ostriimischen Reichs (Frankfurt am Main, 1812); other works s.v.
- " Franklin's appearance in the French salons, even before he began to negotiate," says Friedrich Christoph Schlosser, " was an event of great importance to the whole of Europe..
- Schlosser Sudarabiens (2 parts, Vienna, 1879-1881) (especially for chronology and antiquities); Mordtmann and Muller, Sabdische Denkmdler (Vienna, 1883); Derenbourg, Etudes sur l'epigraphie du Yemen (Paris, 1884); Id., Nouv.
- See Laingaeus, De Vita et Moribus (1585, calumnious); Antoine la Faye, De Vita et Obitu (1606, eulogistic); Schlosser, Leben (1806); Baum, Th.
- C. Schlosser (1776-1861) exercising a considerable influence in shaping his thought.Advertisement
- C. Schlosser, when he went to Heidelberg in 1811, devoted himself to philology, giving special attention to the Persian language.
- Schlosser has described remains of a large camel-like animal from China, with apparently generalized affinities, for which the name of Paracamelus is proposed.
- Finally, Schlosser undertook a popular World History for the German People (Weltgeschichte fiir das deutsche Volk, 1844-1857), which also enjoyed the favour of those for whom it was written.
- Schlosser stands apart from the movement towards scientific history in Germany in the 19th century.
- C. Schlosser to give it up for history, and after continuing his historical work at Jena and teaching in the gymnasium at Wertheim he made his mark by his Die teutschen Geschichtsschreiber vom Anfang des Frankenreichs bis auf die Hohenstaufen (1839).Advertisement
- 408); Quatre livres des rois, translated into French in the 12th century, and imitated in England soon after (P. Schlosser, Die Lautverhliltnisse der quatre livres des rois, Bonn, 1886; Romania, xvii.
- The site's design can be a bit tricky to navigate, but you'll find summaries of everything from Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky to Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.