Schlossberg sentence example
- On the Schlossberg near the town are the ruins of the castle of the counts of Forbach, a branch of the counts of Saarbriicken.
- The cathedral, one of the finest early Gothic buildings in Germany, stands on the Schlossberg, 160 ft.
- A stone building of the 13th century connects the Schlossberg with the Afraberg, which owes its name to the old convent of St Afra.
- On the neighbouring Schlossberg is the ancestral castle of the counts of La Marck, ancestors, on the female side, of the Prussian royal house.
- The old town, nestling round the Schlossberg, the hill on which the castle stands, consists of narrow, steep and irregular streets.Advertisement
- The main town lies on the left bank of the river at the foot of the Schlossberg (1545 ft.) which dominates the town.
- On the Schlossberg, which can be ascended by a cable tramway, beautiful parks have been laid out, and on its top is the bell-tower, 60 ft.
- At the foot of the Schlossberg is the StadtPark.
- On the Schlossberg above the town there are massive ruins of two castles destroyed by the French in 1744; and about 2 m.
- See Schreiber, Geschichte and Beschreibung des Miinsters zu Freiburg (1820 and 1825); Geschichte der Stadt and Universitat Freiburgs (1857-1859); Der Schlossberg bei Freiburg (1860); and Albert, Die Geschichtsschreibung der Stadt Freiburg (1902).Advertisement
- Laibach is an episcopal see, and possesses a cathedral in the Italian style, several beautiful churches, a town hall in Renaissance style and a castle, built in the 15th century, on the Schlossberg, an eminence which commands the town.
- It is dominated by the Schlossberg (1307 ft.), on which is situated the ruins of an old.
- It consists of an old inner town and encircling suburbs, and is dominated by the castle of Friedenstein, lying on the Schlossberg at an elevation of iioo ft.
- One of the most conspicuous buildings of the town is the royal palace, situated on the Schlossberg, a plateau 270 ft.