Schiehallion sentence example
- and reported on Nevil Maskelyne's determination of the mean density and mass of the earth from measurements taken in 1774-1776 at Mount Schiehallion in Perthshire.
- the second syllable of Dunkeld and in the mountain name Schiehallion (Sith-chaillinn).
- The mountain Schiehallion (3547 ft.) is an instance of a cone not yet freed from its parent ridge.
- By this arrangement he was able to be frequently in Edinburgh, and to cultivate the literary and scientific society for which it was at that time specially distinguished; and through Maskelyne, whose acquaintance he had first made in the course of the celebrated Schiehallion experiments in 1774, he also gained access to the scientific circles of London.
- Also a few miles north of Kenmore there is Schiehallion, which attracts climbers all year round.Advertisement