Scheuermann sentence example
- Physeal osteochondrosis is known as Scheuermann disease or juvenile kyphosis.
- Scheuermann disease is thought to occur in 0.4 to 8 percent of individuals.
- Scheuermann disease can (rarely) lead to serious kyphosis (hunchback condition) due to erosion of the vertebral bodies.
- Rarely is spine curvature so pronounced in Scheuermann disease that the individual needs to wear a brace or have surgical intervention.
- "Scheuermann Disease." eMedicine.com, September 1, 2004.Advertisement