Scheria sentence example
- ALCINOUS (ALKINOOs), in ancient Greek legend, king of the fabulous Phaeacians, in the island of Scheria, was the son of Nausithous and grandson of Poseidon.
- Scheria was identified in very early times with Corcyra, where Alcinous was reverenced as a hero.
- According to the local tradition Corcyra was the Homeric island of Scheria, and its earliest inhabitants the Phaeacians.
- NAUSICAA, in Greek legend, daughter of Alcinous, king of the Phaeacians in the island of Scheria (Odyssey, vi.
- 457.) When Odysseus (Ulysses) was swept into the sea from the raft on which he had left the home of Calypso, he swam ashore to Scheria, where he fell asleep on the bank of a river.Advertisement